Thursday, November 10, 2011

Here I Am, Blogging World!

First things first, lets get an introduction on the go! My name is Ricki and I am a local garbage scavenger.  It's not an uncommon sight to see me dragging chairs home from around my neighbourhood.  Once I have manhandled them down into my basement I rip them apart and build them back up!  I have been apprenticing as an upholsterer for the last 6 months and LOVE it.  It is truly one of the most satisfying things to look at the before and after pictures.  I also have a small side project of making bags and purses from recycled fabric under the name Sidecar Creations.  I am in the process of starting an Etsy shop, but for now I just sell my stuff at a few local stores and at local craft sales.
I recently got married to my lovely partner and we have one big fur baby named Neko. Quite possibly the cutest labradoodle on the face of the earth (and no, I am not biased whatsoever).
When I am not salivating over furniture/fabric you can find me at Saskatoon's community radio station CFCR 90.5fm, where I boss people around all day, make the occasional ad and do some other stuff.  It's neat.
I am really looking forward to sharing my experiences on the blog and hopefully meeting some like-minded people.
Thanks for taking the time to swing by!

No comments:

Post a Comment